Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Number One Zoo

We went to the Columbus Zoo while we were in Columbus. It was cold, but that meant the zoo was nearly empty. The man at the front entrance informed me that the Columbus Zoo is the number one zoo in the country but I have a feeling they all say that. It was really nice. I was happy to have so many buildings that were warm. The best part of the zoo was spending time with my Dad. My father is the County Director for Senior Citizens and Transportation and it happened to be his annual trip to the zoo so we met him there. It was like being with a super star. Every Senior Citizen knew him and twice random people walked up and said hi and introduced themselves. The final straw was when a random woman came up and started taking pictures of us. I found out later that it was one of my father's employees and that she was taking pictures for the County website. I found it all very humorous. Tyler thought that Papa worked for the zoo. He kept saying, "Go ahead Papa, you work here."



No comments: