Sunday, October 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad

My father turns 61 on Monday, October 26th. (Sorry I posted that on my blog, Dad.) I thought a long time about what to get him for his birthday and I came up with a book that I've wanted to read and I think he will enjoy. (You will get it in the mail soon.) The problem with buying my parents gifts is that the gifts always seem to fall short. It normally involves pictures of my kids. This year I wanted to honor my Father with a testimony of his great legacy. Four years ago Chris lost his job and I was d
evastated. I was not working at the time and wasn't sure how we were going to make it. My Father gave me this boat. It sits on my bookshelf in my family room as an altar. It makes me remember the faith of my earthly Father and the faithfulness of my heavenly Father. God provided in ways that I would not have imagined and even though it took me far from my parents, it took me deeper in my walk with God. I learned to trust God. My dad had two heart attacks before we left Ohio and I set a fleece out for God. I told God that if He wanted us to move then I needed the house sold in a week. It sold in two days. I have never worried about my dad's health since then. I know that he is in the hand of God. Thank you dad for your faith and love. I hope you realize and know the legacy of truth that you have started and that will continue for generations, God willing. Thank you for leading us in the paths of righteousness so we can lead our children. Happy birthday! God is faithful!

No comments: