Monday, February 15, 2010


Valentine's Day


On Friday night we joined the crowds at the local theater to see Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I read the books a few months ago and have been waiting to take my kids. It was fantastic! My boys loved it and I'm considering reading the books to them. I ran into several students and other teachers there and we briefly discussed the movie. It is a little scary, but knowing Tyler, nothing scares him.


Saturday morning Ethan woke up with a sore throat. A few hours later, his temperature was at 102.5. I tried to take him to the clinic, but it had closed already. I doped him up on Tylenol and sent him to bed. Chris took him on Sunday morning and we found out he had strep throat. Poor kid!


As far as Valentine gifts, Tyler chose a Wonder Woman Bear for me and Ethan picked out Choxie Chocolates from Target. They are my favorite! Chris got me a pair of earrings. The funniest part was that Chris and I picked out the exact same card for each other at totally different stores. Do we know each other, or what? It was the least sentimental card with a simple "I Love You!" Chris got the Direct TV March Madness package so he can watch all the games at one time. What was I thinking?


We spent the weekend relaxing since Ethan was sick. It was a nice weekend at home. Hopefully next weekend everyone will be well and we can actually have an exciting post with exciting pictures.


I do have to share one exciting thing because I am living vicariously through my sister. My brother and his wife went to Nashville to visit my sister and they went to see the Black Eyed Peas. Wild Bill, my sister's boyfriend, got them backstage passes. So jealous! I think Bon Jovi is coming to Nashville soon. What do you say, Bill? Love you guys!

No comments: