Monday, February 01, 2010



Snowed In
(I love the South)




School was released in a panic on Friday. Snow was on the way. We had to get home before it started. I looked outside my classroom window and sure enough, it was sunny and there were birds. You gotta love the south. By the time I left Walker Valley and picked up my two kids the flakes began to fall. By the early evening there was a beautiful covering. I braved the crowds at the RedBox and we settled in front of the fire for movie night.


The ice came on Friday night and Saturday morning. I admit that it was bad, but by Saturday afternoon it seemed fine to a northerner like myself. We did brave church on Sunday, but we were among the few. Several churches in town cancelled. Chris reminded me that there is no salt on the roads here and the people are not prepared to sprinkle salt for themselves on the sidewalks or parking lots.


The best part of the weekend came on Sunday evening when I received a phone call telling me that school would be cancelled on Monday. I love my job! The boys and I spent a relaxing day at home with an afternoon outing for haircuts. (By the way, they cut Tyler's hair completely off. I am a bit sad. Pictures will follow when I can bear to take them.)

Several Jane Austen movies later, I believe that I am ready to return to school. I have 4 day weeks for the next three weeks. Did I mention that I love my job?




No comments: