Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Proud Mama

Ethan always does well in school, but has not been a straight A student this year. He always manages to earn at least one B each six weeks. Chris told him that we would get him a new DS game if he could earn straight A's. I never thought I would be a parent that bribed my kids. I was always in favor of earning good grades for the sake of good grades. Oh well, I guess you never know until you are in the situation. Ethan got in the car the other day after school with a sad look. I asked him what was wrong and he mumbled that he got his report card. I started to get a little nervous as he continued to sulk and pout on the way home. When he arrived home, he pulled out the report card and shyly handed it to me. He started dancing around the kitchen singing, "Gotcha!" Of course, we had to head straight to Game Crazy to pick out a new DS game. Hopefully, he doesn't put me in the poor house with this agreement. I may have to renegotiate for the future.

2 comments:

MiniCircus said...

I see nothing wrong with your parental tactics. We too bribed Cole with a new video game in exchange for a good report card. But he normally gets good grades, it was the comment section and self control area we were concerned with. He was able to pull it together after a rough start back after Christmas break to earn the video game... we haven't seen him since!!

Staci said...

That is wonderful Amber...he can only help be smart, you are ms. math genius!