Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Day: Wii Wish You a Merry Christmas
Chris and I spent Christmas Day with the boys at our home. This is the first year we were without extended family. I was a little nervous, but it turned out fine. Ethan asked for a Wii and that is what Santa brought him. Chris and I decided to set it up the night before and just wrap the empty box. Chris and I stayed up late playing the Wii by ourselves. The next morning, Ethan and Tyler woke up before us. Ethan ran down and looked at the tree and all the presents, but the Wii was set up in the basement. I yelled down at the kids to not touch the presents until we came downstairs. Ethan replied, "We aren't touching the presents, but someone set up a Wii in the basement." So much for surprises.

Tyler asked for an Indiana Jones Whip. I made him open that last. Every present he opened before that received a "Cool, but I didn't ask for that." We were done opening presents in about 20 minutes. So much planning for so little time. Chris got the first season of Battlestar Galatica. My sweet husband got me a pair of UGG boots. I wore them all day and only took them off for bed.

We spent the day relaxing and playing the Wii. It was very sad to be without family, but it was nice to relax. Chris' parents are coming the day after Christmas and my parents are coming for New Years. It will be nice to see our family.

No comments: