Monday, December 15, 2008

Calling All Prayer Warriors

Jeremiah 33:6 "Nevertheless, I will bring health and healing to it; I will heal my people and will let them enjoy abundant peace and security."

Chris and I have some friends who are currently going through a very significant health struggle. Our friends Lance and Anna Starks are facing a very serious situation. This Tuesday Lance is scheduled to have a kidney transplant. For the past several years Lance has been fighting a disease that has destroyed his kidney's. It has now reached a very crucial point and a transplant is necessary. Lance's mom, Lynn, will be giving one of her kidney's to her son. I am asking for you to pray with us for Lance and Lynn. There are so many details and intricacies that must go perfectly for everything to be successful and we are asking for your prayers on their behalf.

Chris and I pray that God will bring abundant health and peace and security to Lance, Anna, and their two children Will and Lily Beth. Lance and Anna are close in age to Chris and me and their children are the same age as our boys. I felt a moment of guilt the other day because I was stressed over getting my Christmas shopping done, cookies baked, and cards mailed. Then, I remembered Lance and Anna and my struggles at Christmas seemed so insignificant. May we all remember how truely blessed we are during this time of year. Thank you for your prayers.

No comments: