Sunday, November 09, 2008

Walker Valley Pride




The football team at Walker Valley, the school I teach at, qualified for the state tournament. I have several football players in my classes and I also help to lead the FCA, so I interact with them quite a bit. I was so excited to see them play. We had a send off at the school where the students and band lined the halls and the team marched through. My FCA students made a banner. It also happened to be breast cancer awareness day, so we were all in pink shirts. It was a great day, but I have a feeling that the trig I tought will have to be retaught on Monday.






When school was out, Chris and I drove to Knoxville with the boys to watch the Mustangs play. It was cold (ok, that is relative... it was cold for TN) and raining. We were soaked in the first ten minutes. The boys played great, but lost by one touchdown. I love to watch my sons getting excited over the football game. We ended up staying in a hotel in Knoxville and I got a shopping trip on Saturday out of the deal. It was a nice getaway.



No comments: