Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter

Easter weekend, as usual, was very cold! We woke up early Saturday and went to the NCCOG Easter Egg hunt. Ethan told us that his pastor said there were over 10,000 eggs. It was packed. Tyler had a great time and made out better than Ethan. It helped that Ty was only competing with kids from birth to kindergarten. Tyler tends to get his competitive side from mom.

When it was Ethan's turn, one of the dads on the side thought it would be funny to yell "Go" and tease the kids. Obviously he did not realize that you do not tease about candy. The kids on his end started and everyone else got a late start. Ethan got lost among the sea of big kids but found us later. It was a good, but cold, morning.

I helped the kids dye Easter eggs on Saturday afternoon. The practical side of me can't figure out why I waste a dozen perfectly good eggs that I will have to throw away tomorrow. The sentimental side says get a picture so I have proof that I did all the fun things with the kids. The boys had a great time in spite of my constant supervision and reminder and not make a mess.

On Sunday, we woke up early to attend the first service. Our pastor did a dramatized sermon that was wonderful. The boys went into the big church with us. They asked all kinds of questions afterward that made me smile. It was nice to see that they paid attention and understood the true meaning of Easter.

2 comments:

Staci said...

They look so precious and we did the same thing with Tucker as far as the eggs are concerned, except we did 2 dozen, so we wasted a month's supply of eggs but HEY they have fun and love it! Miss you!

MiniCircus said...

Amber, its all about the scrapbooks!! My kids decorated eggs at my moms this year and she didn't get any pictures, I almost had them dye eggs again after Easter just so their scrapbooks weren't lacking!! I was so glad to see Ethan's ribs!! Cole has no meat on his body either!! When are you coming to Ohio again?? We want to do a playgroup reunion... I found Lori Whitman on Facebook!! Take it easy.