Thursday, October 02, 2008

Football Friday Nights

One of the best things about teaching for a local high school is the football games. I love the sense of community and camaraderie that arises from rooting for a common cause. Ok, I know it is only football, but it is fun. I love watching my students outside of the classrooms setting.



Ethan and Tyler love Walker Valley Football games. They ask every Friday night if we are going to the game. This past Friday was the big rival game between the two local teams. We went to Chick Fil A with our good friends Tina and Jason. Tyler always asks me if their son, Andrew is coming with us. Their daughter, Hannah, was with us as well; but Ethan was preoccupied playing football on the practice field with the older kids.

Tyler was glad to see his good friend, Haley. I can see trouble brewing here. My dear friend, Donna, was gracious enough to watch Tyler so he could sit next to Haley. Unfortunately, I think this will be the last football game we will make it to this year and the weather hasn't even turned cold yet.

No comments: