Thursday, October 02, 2008

Fire Starter

We had a faculty picnic for the Walker Valley staff. My boys were so excited because I made dirt cake in the flower pot and all. Oh the simple pleasures... We arrived early so I could help set up the food. When we arrived, there was a very large fire pit that was smoking from the night before. My boys, along with their friends Winston and Fletcher, decided to rekindle the flame. They started throwing sticks and debris onto the pit. Within an hour they had a pretty good flame. When it was time for dessert, my boys decided it was more important to work on the fire than eat the dirt cake. Who knew that dessert was second to fire. Obviously their priorities are not the same as their mother's priorities. I definitely would not survive on an island.

No comments: