Friday, September 04, 2009

Another Way to Shine

Ethan is #21

Ethan had his first football game Thursday night. He plays for the Clemson Tigers. The game had two overtimes and ended with no score. The boys played great. Ethan was called for a holding penalty and still denies grabbing the other kid's jersey. Oh well. Ethan is a decent blocker, but he is small. He had to block a kid at least a foot taller than him with a good 30 pounds on him. I guess I got so use to seeing Ethan as the stellar ball player and it is difficult to watch him sit on the bench at times due to his size. The highlight of the game for me was the end. The coach spoke with the team and then asked for a volunteer to close in prayer. Ethan shot his hand up to volunteer. He prayed a wonderful prayer and I have to say as his mom, I was moved. Ethan shines, even if it's not on the field.

Ethan praying.


No comments: