Saturday, June 26, 2010

Disney...On My Own
My amazing husband agreed to let me go on a business trip to Disney World. About two months ago my principal invited me to attend the Model Schools Conference in Orlando and allowed me to invite one female teacher of my choice. I invited my friend and fellow math teacher Lauren. We flew down on Monday morning and flew back on Thursday. Our room was at the Wilderness Lodge at Disney.
(Sorry the picture is fuzzy. I need a new camera.)


The conference was amazing! I learned so much and heard so many great schools speak. My principal and I are hoping to present at the conference next year when the conference is in Nashville.

On Tuesday night Lauren and I went with my Principal's daughter, Katie, to Epcot. Epcot was the one park that I wanted to go to with no kids. It was so much fun. We rode Soaring and the Test Track. We ate fish and chips in the UK while we watched the evening light and fireworks show. We stayed at the park til midnight.

On Wednesday night we went to Downtown Disney and ate at Wolfgang Puck's Restaurant. I had a delicious pumpkin stuffed ravioli. It was so good. We ended the evening at Ghirardelli's where I had a monster ice cream sundae. I really missed my family, but it was so nice to have an opportunity to be a professional.

No comments: