Wednesday, August 16, 2006

First Day of School

Ethan started school today. He was very excited. He is in Mrs. Gibson's Kindergarten class at Mayfiled Elementary. Chris went into work late so the entire family could take Ethan to school. It was a great morning. Mrs. Gibson showed Ethan where to hang his backpack and where to put his lunch box. He sat right down and began working on Tanagram puzzles. He must have a math teacher for a mom :) When he seemed settled, Chris and I left. Tyler yelled "brother" the entire way our of the school. On the ride home, he kept pointing at Ethan's seat asking where brother was. I can tell it is going to be a long day with Tyler.

Ethan's teacher had him give me the following note with a Hershey's kiss, tissue, and a mint:
Thanks for taking such good care of me. I wanted you to have these things on my first day of Kindergarten because I know you'll miss me.
1. A "kiss" for all the kisses you'll miss while I'm at school today.
2. A tissue for drying any tears you might shed.
3. A mint because you mean a "mint" to me.

I will see you when my first day of Kindergarten is over!
Love,
Ethan

2 comments:

MiniCircus said...

It looks like you all survived the first day which gives me hope... Cole starts Friday and he is way more excited than I am!! I guess they need to grow up sometime!

MiniCircus said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.